Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hi!! How's everyone doing?
I had one thing I forgot to let you know of.

I changed my book about food to CONFLAKE CRUSADE!
It was written by Gerald Carson.

 
This book is about how "food reform" happened in the US. "Food reform" is in other words, eating scientificly, which overall mean eating healthy food. The author mainly talks about cornflakes (kellog) and how it spread in the US. There are other stories between the corkflakes, for example, about atomach aches and bread crumbs.
 
I chose to change my book because the former book was not interesting to me. It was almost all quoatation from other people's writing or thesis. Howeer, this book is written story like and I was attracted by the place cornflake first appeared, Mighigan. I used to live in Michigan when I was in elementary school, so I was very eager to read this book and get some information about Michigan.
To me this book is interesting because I could know how people started to realsize to eat healthy and how cornflakes and Michigan is connected to it.

1 comment:

  1. Battle Creek, Michigan seems to have been an important place for the development of the breakfast cereal business in America. The story of the Kelloggs is an interesting one. The movie that I told you about in class that deals with this aspect of American history is "The Road To Wellville" (1994), starring Anthony Hopkins. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete